The Austin City Group of the Legal Marketing Association will host talk on “accelerating trends in the legal industry and what those trends mean for Texas firms” on June 11. Guest speaker Kent Zimmerman of the Zeughauser Group will offer an inside view of the common themes in the evolving strategies of top performing firms in the United States and globally.
Registration for the luncheon, which will be held at the Headliners Club (221 West 6th St.), will begin at 11:30 with the program starting at noon. The fee is $20 for LMA Members and $40 for Guests.
Here’s some background on Zimmerman:
- Kent is a former general counsel and CEO.
- He consults in three areas: growth, law firm combinations, and key client programs, including client service interviews.
- Leading law firm chairs and chief marketing officers select Kent to advise on increasing the size, strength, and profitability of their firms.
- He is quoted regularly by The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, Reuters, The National Law Journal and The American Lawyer Magazine.
- Earlier in his career, Kent was one of the three equity partners who transformed Hubbard One from a small technology start-up to one of the fastest-growing private companies in North America, according to Inc. Magazine and Deloitte & Touche. He and his partners sold Hubbard One to a public company, Thomson (now Thomson Reuters) in 2004.
- Before becoming a lawyer, Kent was a television news producer.
- He is a frequent speaker at law firm retreats, executive committee meetings and legal industry conferences.
- He is also a past board member of the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Chicago chapter.