Amanda K. Jester, a partner in the Austin office of Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, LLP, will be a guest speaker at the University of Texas Law School’s 27th Annual Health Law Conference in Houston, April 29 through May 1.
Jester will discuss “Physician Practice Acquisitions: Perspectives from the Physicians, the Hospitals, Investors and Strategic Buyers,” which is scheduled to last 45 minutes, from 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on April 30.
The conference, which is being held at the Four Seasons Hotel, brings together leading in-house attorneys from major hospitals and medical institutions, government officials, as well as legal and financial advisors representing hospitals, healthcare providers and physicians. The conference provides practical and detailed coverage of the updates, key issues, strategies and opportunities facing members of the healthcare community including:
- Wednesday evening pre-conference concurrent sessions—Health Law Fundamentals provides an introduction to health law; and In-House Counsel Issues (limited to in-house counsel only) facilitates active discussion and sharing among panelists and participants
- Healthcare Year-in-Review addresses important healthcare developments in the last year, including regulatory changes and policy initiatives
- Discussions on key agreements and deals in the healthcare industry: Clinical Integration agreements; Physician Acquisition deals; Managed Care Contracting; and more
- An update on the Affordable Care Act—current policy issues, constitutional challenges and its impact on insurers and providers
- Enforcement and compliance—current issues and recent actions
- Getting to Yes—explore ethical considerations and tactics in negotiating transactions
- Multiple networking opportunities including Thursday’s Table Topics luncheon and the Thursday evening reception
To sign up, visit https://utcle.org/conferences/HL15/order-form